What a cute way to say “I love you” or “Your Great” or just list some words describing dad…”cool”, “fun”, etc. Here’s an idea for an edible “note”.
You Will Need:
- Bag of rectangular sandwich cookies
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- About 1-2 tsp. water
- Food coloring “markers,” available in the cake decorating section
What You Do:
- Pour sugar into a bowl, and add about 1-2 tsp. water. Mix the sugar and water into a paste, adding extra water as needed to reach the consistency of loose yogurt.
- Use a spoon or table knife to spread a thin layer of this icing on top of 12-15 cookies. The icing should dry and harden slightly within minutes.
- While you’re waiting, have your child brainstorm words.
- Now put your child to work with the food coloring markers. Have him (or you if they are too little) use his best writing to decorate each cookie with a special word.
- When you’re done, you’ll have a sweet, original collection. Wrap them in a basket, and give them with pride. In just an hour or so of ridiculous, hilarious, creative fun, you’ve expanded your child’s language skills while creating a gift that’s downright delicious!
Taken from education.com