Taken from Fruits and Veggies More Matters website.
10. Pair with Cheese. Make your own version of the classic caprese salad by adding low-fat mozzarella and basil leaves to your dish, or simply sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of your cooked veggies.
9. A Tangy Surprise! Add a squeeze of lemon juice after you steam your vegetables. It can add a nice surprise to spinach or broccoli.
8. Sauté with Herbs. To infuse your vegetables with flavor and mouth-watering aromas, sauté them in olive oil, garlic and herbs of your choice (basil, oregano, thyme, etc).
7. Spice Them Up! Slice up some green and yellow squash. Add sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes and onion. Then chop up a jalapeno pepper (or two, depending on how spicy you like it!) and add into the vegetable mix. Sauté in a pan and serve over brown rice for a spicy new favorite.
6. Healthy Dipping! Dip your raw vegetables (such as broccoli, carrots or celery) into a low-fat version of the veggie tray tradition. Try mixing some frozen spinach, onion, nonfat sour cream and light mayo with a few drops of lemon juice in a blender. Refrigerate and serve.
5. Mix with Fruit. A great way to combine both fruit and vegetables is in a salad. A tasty way to do this is to start off with spinach, add halved cherries, sliced strawberries and walnuts and toss in an orange-based vinaigrette.
4. A Flavorful Homemade Soup. Add a ton of veggies to your favorite homemade soup or stew for not only flavor but color as well.
3. Drink Them! Juice a variety of vegetables and fruit together for a delicious and nutritious drink!
2. Grill ‘em! Grill some zucchini long enough for them to become softer and have grill lines on them (but make sure not to burn them!). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano for a perfect side to any dish.
1. Stuff ‘em! Sauté onions, bell peppers, and garlic in olive oil. Mince them up with some ham and stuff into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with Italian bread crumbs and parmesan cheese then bake for about 15 mins. Artichokes, tomatoes and bell peppers are also perfect for stuffing, baking and roasting. Come up with your own unique recipe!