Recipe by the Short Order Mom at www.family.go.com
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pound elbow macaroni (or other similarly shaped pasta-like small shells) cooked
1 pound ground turkey (or beef, chicken, sausage or tofu crumbles — whatever works for you)
1 pound ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 jar spaghetti sauce: 24 – 26 ounces
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cup or so veggies (e.g. diced zucchini, matchstick carrots)
- Brown meat and drain well, if necessary.
- While meat is cooking, stir together eggs, ricotta, grated Parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Mix cooked meat, macaroni, sauce and veggies. Add ricotta mixture and blend well.
- Coat a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray or olive oil and spread half of macaroni mixture evenly over the bottom. Top with a cup of mozzarella and a healthy sprinkle of grated Parmesan. Add the remaining macaroni mixture and top with another cup of mozzarella and another sprinkle of Parmesan. Cover with foil.
- At this point the whole thing can go into the refrigerator to be cooked when you’re ready.
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and bake the casserole for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 10 to 20 minutes until the cheese on top is lightly browned and bubbly.