It’s a cold and crappy rainy day here in Northern New Jersey. The kind of day that just screams “stay indoors in your PJs and have some soup”. Here is a yummy sounding recipe. I swear it sounds like it will warm you from the inside.
Taken from Anne Coleman (aka Short Order Mom), a foodie blogger for Disney on DisneyFamily.com
As an alternative to traditional noodles in chicken noodle soup, the ravioli are more filling and pack extra flavor. Look for small ravioli in your grocer’s refrigerated foods section or thaw frozen ravioli if that’s all you can find. Canned chicken stock makes this a quick lunch or dinner as well.
Hands-On Time: 5 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
2 cups refrigerated mini cheese-stuffed ravioli
1 cup cooked chicken – diced
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat chicken stock in a soup pot to boiling; reduce heat and add carrot and celery.
- Simmer until vegetables are soft – about 20 minutes.
- Add ravioli and cook according to package directions — usually about a 5 minute simmer.
- Stir in cooked chicken, salt and pepper as desired and serve.