A change on the spaghetti pie recipe I make for my family. These type of dinners are so easy to make and the leftovers are just as delicious as the original.
Taken from Delish.com
- 12 ounce(s) spaghetti
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 slice(s) (4 ounces) bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 container(s) (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Romano cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 pinch(s) nutmeg
- 2 cup(s) milk
For cooking directions, click HERE.
If you don’t already know about Weelicious, you’re missing out. She’s a mom who’s taking cooking/baking to a whole new (healthy) level. There are always delish things on her website, and it’s nice to know that they are healthy and tasty. A total no brainer.
From her site, today we bring you Chicken Fajita Quesadilla:
To read all about it, get the recipe and instructions, click HERE.
Wishing everyone out there a day filled with love…love for others and, most importantly, love for yourself.
Because today is Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d share a parenting.com link which features lots of heart inspired meals you can easily make today for your kids/family.
Berry smoothie…made with strawberries or cherries. Or even just a little drop of red food coloring.
Cakes in a cup.
For even more ideas, and the how-to’s on these, click HERE. They also have some cute cupcakes on their home page as well. Worth checking out!
Whatever you do today, enjoy yourself and those around you!
Taken from DisneyFamily.com
Italian Turkey Sliders with Honey Dijon Mayo
Hands-On Time: 10min
Ready In: 20min
Sliders are very popular right now and this version made with ground turkey and baked rather than fried is not only good, but good for you. My kids ate these like there was no tomorrow and even the pickiest of them finished his plate without a complaint. Served with baked Parmesan fries this was the perfect ‘fast food’ meal and the cost per slider is about 45 cents — that’s good, too.
- 20 ounce lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoon Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic – minced
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 16 dinner or slider rolls
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey Dijon mustard
To get directions on how to make these yummy sliders, click HERE.
These look so delish. I’m drooling looking at the pictures. definitely going on my “To Make” list!
Taken from MealMakoverMoms.com
These pop-in-your-mouth meatballs are packed with great nutrition thanks to the lean ground turkey, quinoa, and raisins.
Janice plans to serve them on Sunday at a tailgate party (go Patriots)!
Simple ingredients — chopped basil, reduced-sodium soy sauce, golden raisins, ketchup, and garlic powder add a big burst of flavor to the meatballs.
Sweet Turkey & Quinoa Meatballs
Makes 6 Servings (about 4 meatballs per serving)
Toss the cooked meatballs with our tangy sweet & sour sauce, place them on a platter with a frilly toothpick in each one, and you’ve got the makings of a festive and fun party food!
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup golden California raisins, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
To see how to make the meatballs and sauce, click HERE.
I’ll start off by saying “I’m sorry”. I usually try to post healthy things to eat on Tasty Thursday. But I couldn’t help myself when I saw this posted on Webbisodes. It just looks SO GOOD that I had to share. And besides, we all need to be decadent once in a while, right? Just imagine how popular you’ll be when you show up with this cake at parties.
Taken from Webbisodes
Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake
What You Need:
1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil’s food chocolate cake mix
4 squares BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
12 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed
HEAT oven to 350ºF.
PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert cakes onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min.
MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip and crushed cookies. Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Noooo way, I’m posting that! Just enjoy, life’s short. Eat plenty of dessert!
As we all know, on Thursday we will be in a turkey/carb coma and probably not surfing the Internet to see what’s what. So, I thought I’d share our usual Tasty Thursday on Tuesday. And this does sound delish, and simple. Which is probably a good thing, because I know most of us aren’t cooking anything too glamourous on Friday.
Taken from MealMakoverMoms
Makes 6 Servings
- One 12-ounce package whole wheat or oat bran English muffins (6 muffins)
- 12 ounces lean ground beef (90% lean or higher)
- 1 large red or orange bell pepper, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice the English muffins in half and place on a baking sheet. Toast lightly in the oven if desired. Set aside.
- Place the beef, bell pepper, and oregano in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook, breaking up the large pieces, until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain excess fat. Add the pasta sauce and mix well.
- To assemble the pizzas, top each muffin half with a 12th of the meat mixture. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top of each. Bake until the cheese melts, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Information per Serving: 290 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated), 510mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 25g protein, 40% vitamin A, 90% vitamin C